What does it contain?
- a gentle foaming surfactant made of coconut oil that makes the hair clean and soft after just one wash
- therapeutic-quality tangerine essential oil that has a soothing scent and a mild disinfecting effect
- white and green clay that have excellent cleansing properties to complement the effect of surfactants derived from plants
- cold-pressed organic castor and coconut oil that nourish the hair and the scalp while protecting it from environmental damages and strengthening it
- recycled paper packaging
What does it NOT contain?
- petrochemistry derivatives
- palm oil
- ingredients of animal origin
- Sodium Laureth/Lauryl Sulfate
- Sodium Coco Sulfate
- silicon derivatives
This shampoo is for you...
- if you are looking for a shampoo that does not contain ingredients of animal origin
- if you want to use a product that has not been tested on animals
- if you want to cut down on household waste, because our shampoo is available in a simple paper packaging and the product label is a recycled paper ring
- if you have a sensitive or dandruff-prone scalp
- if you have oily or dry hair, because these symptoms can be caused by using shampoos with aggressive detergents (SLS, SCS). Sebaceous glands in the scalp can react to aggressive de-greasing in two ways: with increased activity (making your hair more oily) or passive resistance, that is reduced activity (making your hair dry), so it is worth switching to shampoos with a gentle cleansing effect, developed for normal hair.
How to use it?
Wet your hair thoroughly, then brush the shampoo everywhere with a top to bottom motion as if you were combing your hair with a brush. If you need more foaming action, add some more water. Since solid shampoos do not contain any liquid and there is no foaming action without water, it is possible that the “dryness” of the shampoo is the reason for the lack of foaming action. (The truth is that the cleansing effect does not depend on the foaming action, but if you want plenty of foam, apply the shampoo twice)
Rinse your hair with warm water. Repeat if necessary.
There is no need to go overboard with the application, you would just be wasting the product. If there was not enough foaming at the first go, there will be plenty at the second one. Use our Planet’s resources sparingly, experiment to find out how much shampoo you need to apply.
The skin-friendly pH of the FLEUR DE LIN Slow Cosmetics solid shampoo means that there is no need to use vinegar or citric acid based rinsing afterwards.
* * *
This shampoo is roughly the equivalent of two bottles of liquid shampoo.
Also suitable for children.