• Hand made in Egypt. Delightful heart shaped Loofah pad made from layers of loofah stitched together.
• 15 cm wide x 12 cm high in packaging with cotton string loop. Flattened for transport to save space.
• May appear abrasive in dry state, but when immersed in water swells up to become a soft, spongy and flexible pad ( see image).
• Rinse thoroughly before first use. Fits neatly in the hand. In bath or shower, use on damp skin with soap or gel in a gentle circular motion to clean, freshen, exfoliate and invigorate skin.
• To keep loofah fresh between uses, squeeze out excess water and hang to dry from the cotton string loop.
• Occasionally wash in the washing machine or by hand if desired.
• Will last for months with normal use and at the end of its natural life can be composted.
What is a loofah?
• The loofah is a vegetable and is not a sea organism as many people think.
• It is a vigorously growing vine from the same family as a cucumber. In fact, the loofah fruit looks like a large squash. Each vine produces between 5-25 fruits per crop.
• When ripe, the inside of the loofah fruit develops a network of fibres that are perfect for cleaning and exfoliating purposes when dried.
• LoofCo loofahs are grown in Egypt and our products are made from a variety that is rich in fibres, durable yet soft and flexible.
• To get the best texture, the loofahs are carefully harvested, peeled, cleaned of seeds and dried. (Some seeds may be impossible to remove).
• The dried loofahs are cut into lengths and processed by hand to create a long lasting, yet biodegradable plastic-free range of washing-up, cleaning and body products.
Why choose LoofCo products?
LoofCo has a unique range of pads, brushes & accessories for washing-up, household cleaning & body made of loofah and coconut. Biodegradable & recyclable alternatives to plastic scourers, brushes, exfoliators and sponges. Durable products made from sustainable raw materials. Supports traditional skills, crops and cottage industries while ensuring fair wages. Skilfully hand-made in Sri Lanka and Egypt with natural plant fibres, mainly loofah and coconut. Draws on designs that have been proven over generations. Effective performance.
• Traditional: Inspired by cleaning methods that have been tried and tested over generations.
• Preserves skills: Helps preserve traditional skills for the future
• Hand-made: Skilfully hand crafted in Sri Lanka and Egypt by small producers
• Fairly traded: Farmers and production workers are treated fairly with wages and benefits higher than normal rates. No children are employed.
• Employment: Provides valuable employment in rural areas.
• Renewable raw materials: Coconut and Loofah are fast growing, plant-based resources that absorb CO2 when growing.
• Sustainable farming practices: Farmed to the highest environmental standards with respect for the environment.
• Plastic Free: Replaces mass produced non-biodegradable plastic washing-up brushes and pads that end up in landfill or are burnt.
• Biodegradable and Recyclable: Loofah and Coconut is 100% biodegradable and can be composted. The metal component of the brushes and cardboard packaging are recyclable.
• Work well: effective for washing-up and cleaning needs
• Durable: They will last for months which makes them excellent value for money
• Great for Skin: Body Loofah is a brilliant at cleaning, exfoliating the skin in the bath and shower
• Feel Good Factor: Helps make cleaning and washing-up less of a chore.