"Bokashi" in Japanase means "fermented organic matter". It is a traditional matter to increase biological activity, that has been used for centuries, for example in composting.
Bokashi is a compost starter, that uses the biological work of effective microorganisms, that makes anaerob composting of organic materials possible. Bokashi is a product that contains pure plant based ingredients mixed with effective microorganisms. We recommend this to use in the Recycle mini composter.
Storage: Room temperature.
It is accepted in organic farming.
• safe, eco-friendly, healthy,
• free from GMO,
• manufactured biologically, and according to strict hygenic and quality protocol,
• sweet/sour scented,
• light brown composting starter,
• not for human consumption.
This is a mixture of bran mixed with molasses (sugar and water), enriched with useful microorganisms (lactic acid bacteria, yeasts, photosynthetic organisms, enzymatic active fungi), which initiates the fermentation process and prevents the rotting of waste in the Bokashi Organko composter.
After completing the fermentation process, all important nutrients (especially nitrogen) that are lost in rotting are retained by biological waste. Fermented waste is the basis for first class compost.
It can be used for:
- biological waste
- soil improvement
- as an agent for the hygienisation of a septic tank
Advantages of using bran:
- Prevents unpleasant odours from a biological composter.
- Prevents rotting and thus stores a lot of nutrients, antioxidants, minerals in the compost.
- Prevents the formation of greenhouse gases. Active microorganisms in the spread will process all harmful substances, such as pesticides and other poisons, into element that do not represent a risk to your health.
- Composting prevents the formation of high temperatures and creates fermentation. If you add bran directly to the composter, you do not need to aerate or turn over the compost pile.
- By using it, a fermentation process is created in the composter or on the compost. Fermented bio-waste is the basis for first-class compost. The fermentation liquid obtained can be used as a natural fertiliser or spray for our flowers and other garden plants.
- The use of bran will ensure abundant, healthy and good harvest with a full flavour.