Zeolite is an exceptional mineral that can do wonders to your skin and has other benefits too. These all-natural skin care recipes will be great additions to your beauty routine!
Haven't you heard? Zeolite is an exellent detox ingredient in skin care products. If you are not familiar with what Zeolite is, read our article about this all-natural mineral solution for health, household, garden and more! The Ecoizm team finds this all-natural versatile mineral very useful, and we are selling the Zeolite products of Geoproduct LTD. that mines its raw materials in the famous wine region of Tokaj. The volcanic activity in the Tokaj-mountains 10-12 million years ago accumulated many key elements and spread them in the area. This is the power that their products hold in themselves, and we offer a wide range of them from personal hygiene to household uses.
In this article, we focus on the skin care and personal hygiene benefits of Zeolite, so the Zeolite products used in these recipes are Zeodry-84 Zeolite body powder for the skin care recipes, and one of the Dentomin toothpowders for the toothpaste.
Zeolite, Shea and Cocoa Butter Deodorant
1. Melt the cocoa butter, shea butter, and coconut oil together in a bowl over hot water.
2. Remove from the heat and let cool until it thickens—this will take a while, so feel free to speed up the process with quick bursts in the fridge.
3. While the oils are solidifying, blend the zeolite, baking soda, and starch together in a coffee grinder to get the finest powder possible. Leave the grinder shut for at least 5 minutes after grinding to let the powder settle so you don’t inhale a bunch of it (or wear a good dust mask).
4. Once the oils get thick, but still easy to stir, blend in the powders and the essential oils thoroughly. Put it in a tin or tube and let set up.
5. To use, rub a small amount of the deodorant under your arms.
Source of image and recipe
- 1 tbsp. or more melted organic coconut oil – when this cools off again it will give your mixture a thicker consistency, if that’s what you’re looking for.
- Baking soda – will help to whiten teeth, but not recommended to use daily, so you might want to occasionally add it to the paste on the go.
- 1 tsp of ground mustard seeds – a great ayurvedic remedy against tooth decay
1. Place all dry ingredients in a bowl. Slowly add your wet ingredients until it makes a paste.
2. If your ingredients have clumped together, add a teaspoon of the optional water at a time, until you end up with a nice smooth paste.
3. Your toothpaste is now ready to use! Store it in a small airtight container and away from direct sunlight or in the fridge. Try to make small batches and use within 2-3 months of mixing. If you are used to commercial toothpastes, this will be very unusual for you, but after a few days, you will get used to it :)
Source of image
Gentle Oatmeal, Milk, and Honey Face Mask
1. Blend all dry ingredients in a coffee grinder.
2. Mix with warm water—add it slowly to ensure you don’t overdo it, as it’s easy to go from too stiff to too runny in an instant. If you accidentally add too much water, just add more zeolite or clay.
3. Once you’ve got a texture that’s like cake frosting, spread it on your face and upper neck. Let it dry for 15–25 minutes before rinsing off. Follow with your favourite toner and moisturizer.
Source of image and recipe
2 Ingredient Moisturizing Mineral Cleanser
1. Mix the two ingredients in a bowl.
2. Massage it in your skin, and wash off after about a minute. Follow with your favorite toner and moisturizer.
Exfoliating with Zeolite
1. With its fine, sand-like texture, zeolite is a great gentle exfoliator. Place 1 tablespoon zeolite powder in the palm of your hand or a small bowl, and using a soft brush, gently work the powder into your skin in small, circular motions. Be careful around more delicate areas (eyes, etc.) and do not inhale the powder.
2. Simply wash your skin with warm water and a soft cloth, followed by a splash of cold water to reduce inflammation.
Many thanks for the awesome recipes to Humblebee & Me, and MindBodyGreen.
Zeolite – All-Natural Solution for Health, Household and Garden
Toxic Beauty Ingredients to Avoid
Skin Care DIY Basics for Beginners
Everything You Need to Know About Emulsions