The Bokashi Organko 2 kitchen composter enables a waste-free lifestyle and urban organic gardening. Thanks to its superb design, for which it received the Red Dot award, you can place it in the center of your kitchen. With the help of the bran enriched with effective microorganisms (EM), you can produce a natural fertilizer for your urban garden and a natural drain cleaner. You reduce the volume of bio-waste in the household by up to 25 percent, so it is suitable for everyone who lives in an urban environment.
This kitchen composter is for anaerob (without air) composting! For starting the anaerob composting process, you will need Bokashi dry compost starter
Bokashi dry compost starter is anatural composting helper, that consists of wheat bran fermented by Probiotic Microorganisms, that help anaerob composting.
The set contains:
- 1 x Lid
- 1 x Levelling trowel
- 1 x Inner container, 9.6 L
- 1 x Dosing scoop
- 1 x EM bran, 1 kg
- 1 x Carrying strap
- 1 x Outer container
- 1 x Plug
- 1 x Product instruction
What can you put into the kitchen composter?
- vegetable, fruits, cereals, raw boild or baked,
- cheese and other diary products,
- raw or prepared meats, bones,
- coffee grounds with filter paper.
How to use Bokashi Organko 2?
Enjoy circular waste management and a waste-free lifestyle - turn bio-waste into a source of new life and eat natural and healthy home-grown food!
- Before adding a new batch of waste, sprinkle with 20 ml of bran.
- Throw the waste into the composter after cutting the larger pieces into smaller ones.
- Add 20 ml of bran each time you add a new layer of waste. For larger amounts of waste, add more bran. We suggest 20 ml per 5 cm of waste.
- Use the included levelling trowel to push the waste down and let the air out and cover the composter with the lid.
- Prepare a container for the fermentation liquid. Tilt the composter backward for 45 degrees and remove the plug. This will prevent the liquid from leaking out.
- Tilt the composter forward and drain the fermentation liquid. Repeat the procedure every 3-5 days.
- When the composter is filled up to about 5 cm below the edge, empty the contents into a bio-waste container or close it for 14 days to produce a first-class compost base that can be thrown into a compost pile or buried in the ground.
- Produced undiluted fermentation fluid is suitable for maintaining clean drains and cesspool hygiene, whereas diluted with water it is an excellent fertilizer for watering indoor and garden plants.
Volume: 9,6 liter
Size: height: 34 cm, diameter: 24,5cm
Color: white + black lid
Why is composting beneficial to the environment?
Composting is great for several reasons. Organic matter (that makes up 30-35 % of household waste) stays in place, without any transporting, it doesn't get to the landfills and doesn't get burnt in a waste incineration plant. In addition, composting provides nutrition to the soil, so it will nourish your garden without energy wasting and harmful artificial manures.