Made from Loofah Plant.
Effective yet gentle exfoliator.
Expands and softens in water.
• Hand made in Egypt. Delightful heart shaped Loofah pad made from layers of loofah stitched together.• 15 cm wide x 12 cm high in packaging with cotton string loop. Flattened for transport to save space.• May appear abrasive in dry state, but when immersed in water swells up to become a soft, spongy and flexible pad ( see image).• Rinse thoroughly before first use. Fits neatly in the hand. In bath or shower, use on damp skin with soap or gel in a gentle circular motion to clean, freshen, exfoliate and invigorate skin.• To keep loofah fresh between uses, squeeze out excess water and hang to dry from the cotton string loop.• Occasionally wash in the washing machine or by hand if desired.• Will last for months with normal use and at the end of its natural life can be composted.
What is a loofah?
• The loofah is a vegetable and is not a sea organism as many people think.• It is a vigorously growing vine from the same family as a cucumber. In fact, the loofah fruit looks like a large squash. Each vine produces between 5-25 fruits per crop.• When ripe, the inside of the loofah fruit develops a network of fibres that are perfect for cleaning and exfoliating purposes when dried.• LoofCo loofahs are grown in Egypt and our products are made from a variety that is rich in fibres, durable yet soft and flexible.• To get the best texture, the loofahs are carefully harvested, peeled, cleaned of seeds and dried. (Some seeds may be impossible to remove).• The dried loofahs are cut into lengths and processed by hand to create a long lasting, yet biodegradable plastic-free range of washing-up, cleaning and body products.
Why choose LoofCo products?
LoofCo has a unique range of pads, brushes & accessories for washing-up, household cleaning & body made of loofah and coconut. Biodegradable & recyclable alternatives to plastic scourers, brushes, exfoliators and sponges. Durable products made from sustainable raw materials. Supports traditional skills, crops and cottage industries while ensuring fair wages. Skilfully hand-made in Sri Lanka and Egypt with natural plant fibres, mainly loofah and coconut. Draws on designs that have been proven over generations. Effective performance.
• Traditional: Inspired by cleaning methods that have been tried and tested over generations.• Preserves skills: Helps preserve traditional skills for the future• Hand-made: Skilfully hand crafted in Sri Lanka and Egypt by small producers• Fairly traded: Farmers and production workers are treated fairly with wages and benefits higher than normal rates. No children are employed.• Employment: Provides valuable employment in rural areas.
• Renewable raw materials: Coconut and Loofah are fast growing, plant-based resources that absorb CO2 when growing.• Sustainable farming practices: Farmed to the highest environmental standards with respect for the environment.• Plastic Free: Replaces mass produced non-biodegradable plastic washing-up brushes and pads that end up in landfill or are burnt.• Biodegradable and Recyclable: Loofah and Coconut is 100% biodegradable and can be composted. The metal component of the brushes and cardboard packaging are recyclable.
• Work well: effective for washing-up and cleaning needs• Durable: They will last for months which makes them excellent value for money• Great for Skin: Body Loofah is a brilliant at cleaning, exfoliating the skin in the bath and shower• Feel Good Factor: Helps make cleaning and washing-up less of a chore.
100% carefully selected ECO products
3000+ products available immediately, on stock
We help you understand green lifestyle better
We appreciate your loyalty
Recyclable paper label. Please recycle!
A plastic-free, biodegradable, all-natural alternative of plastic sponges.