Made from Coconut Coir with rubberwood handle.
Long lasting, durable and excellent for scrubbing.
Biodegradable alternative of plastic brushes.
• Hand Made in Sri Lanka from Coir coconut fibre wrapped around a galvanised metal core that will not rust.• With a strong rubberwood handle.• Each brush measures approx. 20cmx 7cm, excluding the loop.• Easy to grip, the hand held brush is suitable for most of your washing-up needs and can replace plastic brush alternatives.• Rinse thoroughly before first use. Immerse and use in warm water with washing-up liquid.• Strong enough for scrubbing pans, small enough to reach into cups. Effective for cleaning crockery, cutlery, pans and woks.• To keep brush fresh between uses, rinse and shake out excess water and any food particles. Hang to dry from the metal loop. The galvanised metal core will not rust.• Occasionally soak in hot water with washing-up liquid and air dry to freshen brush• Will last for months in normal use and when worn out can be recycled.
What you should know about coconuts
• The coconut palm tree or Cocos nucifera is known as the “Tree of Life” for its abundance of uses from food & oils to brushes and mats. It is a sustainable, robust resource.• Coconuts palm trees produce a crop of up to 20 coconuts every month up to 100-200 coconuts a year.• Coconut fibre (coir fibre) and coconut husks are a 100% natural, renewable & biodegradable by-product of coconut harvesting for the coconut food and oil industry.• Using Coir fibre and Coconut husk in household products is an environmentally responsible way of utilising a by-product that might otherwise be burnt.• Coir is the fibrous material found between the hard, internal shell and the outer coat of the matured brown coconut husk. The strong fibre (used for brushes) is separated from the weaker soft fibre (used in mattresses) & coir dust (coco peat).• Coconut husk is the hard internal shell of the coconut.• Coir remains stiff when wet, and its hydroscopic properties means that holds liquids well. These fibres also give the coconut husk additional scrubbing power.• Coir and coconut husk is naturally free of bacteria, plant disease, fungal spores, weeds, seeds and pathogens.
Why choose LoofCo products?
LoofCo has a unique range of pads, brushes & accessories for washing-up, household cleaning & body made of loofah and coconut. Biodegradable & recyclable alternatives to plastic scourers, brushes, exfoliators and sponges. Durable products made from sustainable raw materials. Supports traditional skills, crops and cottage industries while ensuring fair wages. Skilfully hand-made in Sri Lanka and Egypt with natural plant fibres, mainly loofah and coconut. Draws on designs that have been proven over generations. Effective performance.
• Traditional: Inspired by cleaning methods that have been tried and tested over generations.• Preserves skills: Helps preserve traditional skills for the future• Hand-made: Skilfully hand crafted in Sri Lanka and Egypt by small producers• Fairly traded: Farmers and production workers are treated fairly with wages and benefits higher than normal rates. No children are employed.• Employment: Provides valuable employment in rural areas.
• Renewable raw materials: Coconut and Loofah are fast growing, plant-based resources that absorb CO2 when growing.• Sustainable farming practices: Farmed to the highest environmental standards with respect for the environment.• Plastic Free: Replaces mass produced non-biodegradable plastic washing-up brushes and pads that end up in landfill or are burnt.• Biodegradable and Recyclable: Loofah and Coconut is 100% biodegradable and can be composted. The metal component of the brushes and cardboard packaging are recyclable.
• Work well: effective for washing-up and cleaning needs• Durable: They will last for months which makes them excellent value for money• Great for Skin: Body Loofah is a brilliant at cleaning, exfoliating the skin in the bath and shower• Feel Good Factor: Helps make cleaning and washing-up less of a chore.
100% carefully selected ECO products
3000+ products available immediately, on stock
We help you understand green lifestyle better
We appreciate your loyalty
Recyclable paper label. Please recycle!
A plastic-free, biodegradable, all-natural alternative of plastic sponges.