100ml – c. 85g
450ml – c. 372g
Shea butter, also known as karité butter is extracted from the nut of the African shea tree (Vitellaria Paradoxa).
The shea nut is an oil-rich (up to 60-70% fat content), hard shell fruit, which is crushed, and roasted carefully, then mixed with water to help separate the butter.
The butter is off-white or ivory colored, and has a sweet scent. It is high in Vitamins A, E and F, and has a shelf life of one year.
Shea butter is a versatile ingredient, and it’s edible, which is why in its home, it is used for eating purposes too.
Skin care: You can use it to relieve dry, rough skin, eczema, skin allergies, psoriasis, skinburn, callus, and it can even replace sunscreen.
Face and lip care: Protects the face and the lips from cold weather, wind and strong sunshine.
Baby care: Because of its natural ingredients, you can use it on the skin of babies for example as diaper cream.
Shaving: Suggested to use instead of after shave products, because it relieves razor burn.
Shea butter can sooth the pain of Rheumatism, Arthritis and muscle ache, and can be used for warming up the muscles before excercising. It also helps preventing strech marks.
Application: You can use it on your whole body several times a day, but if you are allergic to latex, you should test it on a small area of your skin first. It softens your skin instantly, and reduce wrinkles and acne.
Thanks to its high levels of vitamin E and beta-carotene, it has skin regenerating effects.
Use within 12 months of opening.
Not all shea butter are created equal!
Good quality sheabutter is:
- Mechanically filtered to make sure no sheanut residues harm the skin or no greyish, tiny little „something” influence the production of a natural cosmetic product*
- Monitored in laboratory (stability test and pesticides)
- Handled and stored according to good manufacturing practices to make sure each batch is controlled
- Certified organic to maintain purity of the ingredient.
Shea butter is becoming more and more popular while purchasing good quality shea butter is becoming harder. Our company have contacts both in Ghana and Europe to make a stable cooperation and sustainable farming possible.
Due to its natural latex content, it may cause an allergic reaction if you have latex allergy!
Please pay attention that your shea butter should have:
- COLOUR: light beige- beige, sometimes even yellowish BUT not grey, green or anything like that.
- AROMA: nutty, slightly smoky, fatty BUT not sour, burnt, unpleasant
- TEXTURE: creamy, easily melted and absorbed by the skin BUT not liquidy, or too greasy- that may be a sign of mixing some other oils to the butter.
100% carefully selected ECO products
3000+ products available immediately, on stock
We help you understand green lifestyle better
We appreciate your loyalty